Woden Valley Community Council
The Woden Valley Community Council engages as widely as possible with the Woden community on a range of issues affecting Woden residents. The Council engages with the ACT Government on behalf of Woden residents. We are in regular contact with the Department of Disability, Housing and Community Services, Canberra Urban parks and Places and the ACT Planning and Land Authority. We have a statutory responsibility to seek comment and respond to Government on proposed developments in the Woden Valley. On-going issues of interest to the Council are:
- the need for a community arts and cultural facility in the Woden Town Centre.
- major development proposals in the Valley
- Woden East development
- Phillip Oval re-development
- Burnie court re-development
- public transport and car parking
- Eddison Park and other Woden parks
- hospital developments
- graffiti and maintenance of public places in Woden
- facilities for the aged and youth
Election of Officers The following nomination were made and duly accepted at the 2016 AGM:
- President: Fiona Carrick;
- Vice President: Mike Reddy – click for Mike’s travelog;
- Treasurer: Vacant;
- Secretary:Archana Boniface;
- Minute Secretary:Timoshenko Aslanides;
- Publicity Officer: Eric Glass;
- Committee members:
- Dr Jenny Stewart;
- Chris Erett;
- Robin Stanton;
- Martin Miller
The Officers of the Council and the committee members are elected in accordance with Section 23 of the Council’s constitution.
Committee members are elected at the annual general meeting and may serve more than one term on the committee.
Nomination for membership of the Committee can be made by completing the Nomination Form and passing it to a committee member or the Secretary.