The Chief Minister states, in the Act Government’s document Canberra: A statement of ambition, that cities don’t succeed by accident or by leaving things to chance – they require design, good governance and great collaboration.
The WVCC looks forward to shaping our future, in collaboration with the ACT Government, to achieve the policy outcomes of economic diversification and urban renewal to make Woden a better place to live, work and socialise.
These policy outcomes will ensure that the Woden Valley is a vibrant community that is inclusive, welcoming, and open to diverse talents and determined to help everyone reach their fullest potential.
In order to attract families to our community, Woden requires additional jobs, education opportunities, sporting and cultural facilities with bars, cafes and restaurants that are close to where people want to live.
The policy outcomes that the WVCC seeks are:
- A vibrant community with sustainable amenity;
- Available housing choices, including affordable housing;
- Increased job opportunities;
- Improved access to higher education; and
- Better health outcomes – improved access to sporting facilities and active living amenity.
Read more … →